Friday, October 13, 2000

About

Every good endowment and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
James 1:17


As I sat in church one Sunday listening to the sermon, the preacher challenged each of us to contemplate our blessings. I won’t go into the details of that sermon – even if I could – but the overall gist was that whatever our blessing, it’s a gift from God and not meant to be kept hidden. Rather, we are to share our gifts and give unselfishly. We have something to offer entirely because we have received from God.

I began thinking about all my blessings. I have good health, a lovely home, wonderful neighbors, and more. I could go on and on. And then it struck me how very blessed I am with my family.

It’s not easy raising kids and building strong family dynamics in this busy, hectic world we live in. But I believe it a worthwhile endeavor and one that I hope you will join me in through interactive conversations on this blog. Here, anything goes . . . let’s talk about raising moral kids, quality of life, building meaningful relationships, and yes, even religion.

Thanks for visiting. If you like the blog, please be sure to subscribe.

ShareThis