Sunday, April 20, 2008

One-Sentence Stories

I stumbled across an interesting website recently. The premise for the site is to write a one-sentence story. Many are very interesting. Some are powerful. They are all fun to read, so don't say you haven't been warned. Here's the site, www.onesentence.org, and a few of my ideas. Try it…it's harder than you think.

Torn between two lovers, I found my answer in the forlorn eyes of the one driving by while I sat in the car with the nonchalant man.

One look into your newborn eyes and you became the most important person in my life.

After all the anger and bitterness, the pretense and lies, I did what any teenager would do to get out – I got married.

Healed from her divorce, she loved and laughed again, only to have it all prematurely removed by death.

I would love to hear some of your one-sentence story ideas!

0 comments:

ShareThis