Monday, May 5, 2008

How Clean is Our Air?

Recently there has been a lot of talk about how dirty and polluted the air is here in Houston. It can be particularly bad for people with asthma or compromised respiratory function. I visited the site to see just how bad it is, and well, we got an F in ozone and a D in particulate pollution. Just out of curiosity, and especially for us Houston transplants, how does your home state/city compare? Click on the map below, or visit http://www.stateoftheair.org and then add your comments to this post.

What's the State of Your Air?

3 comments:

Victor said...

Woo hoo! I'm from Louisiana and my home parish (what we calls counties in them there parts) scored a D and a C!

Sheryl Lynn said...

I'm afraid I've got you beat - my home state is Illinois and I'm from Richland county (which isn't in the list, but a nearby county of Effingham is). They score a grand A on the report card! No wonder I've developed allergies and asthma since moving away.

Anonymous said...

My fiancee is from Flint Michigan. They scored a B and C. Not too bad I suppose compared to here. He has constant allergies down here but claims he always has had. They did get much worse after moving here. Also, I am a school nurse, and have witnessed the effects of high ozone days on students with Asthma.

ShareThis