Monday, November 16, 2009

Book Review - Green by Ted Dekker

IE: GREEN: Book Zero: The Beginning and the End GREEN: Book Zero: The Beginning and the End by Ted Dekker

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What originally appealed to me about Green by Ted Dekker was that this book could be read either first or last in its series. Called the Circle Series, Green is both the beginning and the end; it is Book Zero.

Green is a Christian fantasy story, set in both present day 21st century and 2000 years into the future, a time when good and evil manifests itself in the physical. Thomas Hunter is leader of The Circle, a peace loving people who worship Elyon and faithfully await his return. However, dissent and impatience stirs in The Circle, and there are those who wish to put peace aside, take up their swords, and defeat the evil Horde. Thomas’ own son, Samuel, leads these rebels into a worldwide calamity.

Ted Dekker paints a world where the imagery is vivid, both the beauty and color of good, and the dark, horrific detail of evil. Green is a fast-paced, exciting read, only it left me wanting more. I especially wanted to know more about the characters and their motivations, and as such, wonder if it isn’t best read as the final book in the series.

In any case, I highly recommend Green for those interested in suspense or fantasy, or who like me, are looking for entertaining and good christian fiction. Enjoy the book trailer too...



This was my first Ted Dekker book, but it won’t be my last. I look forward to reading the other books of this series. Let me know in the comments if you have read any Ted Dekker books and your thoughts on this series.

I am a Thomas Nelson book review blogger.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

ShareThis