Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Book Review - The Shack by William P. Young

The Shack The Shack by William P. Young

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Weird. But good.

The Shack is a book that will make you think about God and your relationship with God, as well as your relationships with other people. It will get you thinking about what is truly important in life. You just have to get past some of the imagery – for instance, I have never contemplated God as a black woman flipping pancakes. But somehow William P. Young pulls it off with an entertaining, thought-provoking story.

Reading The Shack wasn’t “life changing” for me, or the best book I’ve read this year, or any of the other myriad of descriptions I’ve heard. It isn’t a preachy book, although there are some sections of long dialog that come close, and it certainly isn’t the Bible. What I really enjoyed most about The Shack is how real and authentic God’s relationship is with the character Mack.

Packed with emotion, this is a comforting book and full of hope. It leaves you feeling good and yearning for the simplistic love portrayed.

0 comments:

ShareThis