Friday, May 21, 2010

Book Review - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

To Kill a Mockingbird To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honestly, I couldn't remember if I had read To Kill a Mockingbird when I was younger or not. Having just finished now, I know that I clearly had not previously read this book.

The small fault I found with To Kill a Mockingbird is that it is a bit slow to start. There were pages upon pages of story that occurs before the real story starts for me - and that is when the lawyer, Atticus, is called upon to defend the black man charged with raping a white girl. But then, the story comes alive!

What I enjoyed most were the true to life characters and strong emotions, it's portrayal of the racial prejudices in the deep south, and the overall message that most people, if you just take the time to know them, are good.

0 comments:

ShareThis