Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ready for Split

It's finished! I finally completed my contribution to Split, a short story entitled Enrico's Only Hope. Ready for copyediting and proofing, Enrico's Only Hope survived a computer crash and countless revisions. It has evolved into a story that I'm satisfied with, and one that I believe is as good as I'm going to make it. It's been a long road to completion.

Enrico's Only Hope originated from a picture that I saw on the internet. It showed two men playing pool with a female onlooker, and appeared to be set in the 1950's. This was my starting point. It was truly a delight to bring the characters to life, learn how these two men from differing backgrounds came together and discover why they were playing.

It feels really good to have moved this story from draft stage to final, and I am excited and anxious now to move on to the next project.

0 comments:

ShareThis